We produce a broad and versatile array of small parts cost-effectively. We specialize in close tolerance, small, thin metal parts, and we utilize tooling designed that minimize scrap. With the high cost of metals, especially precious metals, this can result in considerable part cost savings.
Learn more about our broad array of capabilities below…
Fourslide tooling is often selected where extensive bending operations are required and less expensive tooling is desired to produce complex parts.
The raw material is continuously fed into the machine and may first go through a progressive die, where punching, coining, piercing, or other operations may be performed. The material strip (partially formed part) advances out of the die and is formed by a series of forming tools synchronized by built-in cams. Immediately after the forming is completed the part is cut off from the strip and safely secured in a bin.
The fourslide process has many advantages:
- Reduced materials requirements
- Increased run rate
- Lower piece price
- Shorter tooling lead time
- Cost-effective tooling
- Lower tool modification costs
- Ease of adjusting for material variability
- Simpler tool maintenance
- Capability to form complex parts
- Ability to integrate value-added manufacturing
- Cost effective for low to high quantity production
Reference the parameters below to see if you should consider four-slide production for your stamping and/or wire needs:
- Thickness between .004″ and .060″
- Max Material Width 2.125″ (54mm)
- Max Material Length 15″
- Diameter between .005″ and .188″
- Max Material Length 15″
Materials include precious metals and commonly used metals, such as:
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Plated Steel
- Copper Alloys (Beryllium copper, etc.)
- Cold Rolled Steel
- Nickel alloys (52 alloy, Kovar, etc.)
Capabilities vary based on material type, temper, and design features. Custom tools may be considered for parts outside normal parameters. Our typical tolerances are as follows:
- Form to feature: +/-.005“
- Form to form: +/-.005“
- Feature size: +/-.001“
- Notch to form: +/-.005”
- Bend Angle: +/- 2 deg (preferred)
- Feed Accuracy: .0002″
We strongly encourage our customers to collaborate with us in the early stages of part development. Once we understand the fit, form, and function of your part, we advise on process and tolerancing that optimizes your part. This time and cost saving step is vitally important to manufacturing parts that are reliable, of the highest quality, and provide the most efficient solution.
Whether you need prototypes, occasional short runs, or scaling options prior to high volume production, this department is purposed for it. We work out the kinks in mechanics and fine tune our tooling to give our customer the peace of mind knowing that we will deliver results. We think ahead when designing low volume tooling by understanding how the part would be manufactured on the fourslide machine and mimicking our production tooling. At Northwest Fourslide, prototype parts closely emulate production parts.
Whether tens of thousands or millions, we will support your needs with the quality you expect. We only produce class-A tooling for our customers. Tools are maintained for the life of your part. Visit our About Us page to see video of the fourslide in action.
Available upon request on part by part basis. Northwest Fourslide has produced parts where additional processes were added.
- Automated install of plastic rollers
- Creation of a point on wireforms
- Welding of parts
- Reel to reel production
- Tape and Reel packaging
We produce tools and part blanks with only .0001″ tolerance. We have the latest technology in wire EDMs to meet customer requirements and take on the most challenging jobs.
- XYZ stroke 15.75 X 11.80 X 8.60 table size
- Wire diameter .004 – .012
- .004 wire for .002 inside radi
- Taper angle 15 degrees at 8.0”
- Faster cutting time and less wire usage
- Linear shaft motors for precise machining and better parts
- Inert Gas Ovens
- Heat treat of Beryllium Copper parts
- Stress Relief of Stainless Steel
- Deburr capabilities specific to part
- Custom selection between five agitation options and numerous media choices
- Polishing available
Passivation (with Ultrasonics)
- Nitric 2-5 per ASTM A967
- Method 1, Type 6-8 per AMS 2700